Re: [OM] How to photograph the eye

Subject: Re: [OM] How to photograph the eye
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 16:17:38 -0200
Hi List,

Now it's me, not Kerstin, whom is interested on the subject.

Please take a look at the examples, here:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/Your-beautiful-eyes/428809

Yes, there are reflections on the cornea - there, one can have a clue
on what was used as illumination, so as to get lots of detail
regarding the iris surface.
The photographs show as far as the front surface of the crystalline
lens, and no more; sidelight seems to be enough but very important.

Wonder if it's sensible to try this using Velvia 50, my 80mm ƒ/4 +
65mm~116mm Tube _ and bouncing light from aluminium paper, folded as
if working as a flat or concave mirror.
Since aluminium paper's surface can be wrinkled, it might well reflect
and diffuse light.
I thought I could bounce the light of two T-32s heads on OTF-TTL mode,
and get the 80 macro to close at ƒ/8 or ƒ/11, and the Tube extended to
116mm if necessary.

I prefer to use Velvia 50, but I might as well gain +1 stop if needed,
using Velvia 100 or Provia 100F -

I really want to get pictures as those shown at the link (perhaps
better ... :-) )

Advice needed !

Fernando.