Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies

Subject: Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 12:10:28 -0800
  This one exceeded 50 year old rainfall records in some places, with 6"
totals....
You needed the rain...but not all at once! The 3-day storm dumped nearly 20"/500mm in some mountain areas here. Gusts to 60kts in the Straits but only 35 here behind the hill. Lost a few small branches. Saw less than 20mm in the gauge over the last 3 days as the Olympics wring the clouds nearly dry before they zoom over us en-route to the Cascades for another dump. Skies seen in the recently posted photos are what we get while raining elsewhere. Pilots rely on the 'Blue Hole' for a safe decent during bad weather. So I am in fact a PacNW weather weenie myself. :)

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/rainshadow_08Dec14.jpg>