Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Destruction Manual

Subject: Re: [OM] ***SPAM*** Re: Destruction Manual
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:40:19 -0500
If you want to make your own tool I'd suggest looking over the tin cans available in your kitchen. Something shallow like a tuna fish can is best if you can find the right diameter. Anyhow look for some sort of cylinder whose outer diameter is just right to fit inside the filter thread. A cylinder is a good starting point since the center needs to be hollow for enough depth not to press on the glass.

Once you find the right size cylindrical object you can make it "grippy" by gluing on a large strip of rubber band using contact cement. I've also used rubber furniture leg cups designed to protect the floor. Whatever you choose the real challenge is finding something the right diameter. Using rubber stoppers for large diameter glass laboratory tubes also works well since you can hollow out the center to clear the glass and also trim the diameter if necessary.

Good luck,
Chuck Norcutt