Re: [OM] And now a Lightroom question

Subject: Re: [OM] And now a Lightroom question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 14:31:02 -0800
On 12/4/2014 8:47 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I'm very glad you mentioned all this. The installation of PS CC, Bridge CC and Lightroom 5.7 gave me no information at all about exactly what had been installed. I suspected nothing since it did not install desktop icons for PS CC or Bridge CC. It did install the CC update icon but put it in a place where I hadn't noticed it. It also updated the version on the Lightroom icon's name but I hadn't noticed that either.

Odd. I seem to think my install installed desktop icons, but can't be sure. I would notice any icon at all, as I keep my desktop very clean. My three key apps are pinned to the Taskbar. All the other stuff I use regularly is in the old Office menu bar on the side of the screen. Other stuff is in a folder that is the only desktop icon I have other than Recycle Bin.

When I started Photoshop after the install I noticed nothing different at let it pass. I noticed nothing different because I was still running PS CS6 not realizing that PS CC was a totally different app with nothing on the desktop to identify it.

Now that I just started PS CC it asked me if I wanted to migrate (something I don't recall) from CS6. I said yes hoping my plug-ins would migrate. But apparently nothing migrated at all including the locations of the last images I was working on. So I have to locate all that stuff again and at least move it.

Yeah, I couldn't see that it did anything useful, if anything at all.

Thanks again for the head up.  I suspected none of this.

It's standard PS behavior, from way back. New versions are separate installs. I suppose it started to ensure that users would be able to go back if something in the new version wasn't working for them.

When I installed the update from PSCC to CC (2014), I was told about the
separate install, somehow.

Multiplitous Moose