Re: [OM] And now a Lightroom question

Subject: Re: [OM] And now a Lightroom question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 11:47:55 -0500
I'm very glad you mentioned all this. The installation of PS CC, Bridge CC and Lightroom 5.7 gave me no information at all about exactly what had been installed. I suspected nothing since it did not install desktop icons for PS CC or Bridge CC. It did install the CC update icon but put it in a place where I hadn't noticed it. It also updated the version on the Lightroom icon's name but I hadn't noticed that either.

When I started Photoshop after the install I noticed nothing different at let it pass. I noticed nothing different because I was still running PS CS6 not realizing that PS CC was a totally different app with nothing on the desktop to identify it.

Now that I just started PS CC it asked me if I wanted to migrate (something I don't recall) from CS6. I said yes hoping my plug-ins would migrate. But apparently nothing migrated at all including the locations of the last images I was working on. So I have to locate all that stuff again and at least move it.

Thanks again for the head up.  I suspected none of this.

ps: I'm not on a monthly plan yet. I did the upgrade through Olympus which gave me a 15% discount but required paying the full year.

Chuck Norcutt