[OM] [OT] Any suggestions for a VOIP provider?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Any suggestions for a VOIP provider?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:41:05 -0500
Where I'm living now in South Carolina I get phone, internet and cable as part of a bundled deal with the homeowner's association. I can't choose not to have it. The provider is HTC (the Horry Telephone Company). Without paying extra, the internet speed and cable service channels are limited but are, so far, good enough for my needs. But the phone service is limited to very local calls without paying 10 cents/minute for long distance within the US. And I can't call some friends in Canada at all without paying I don't know how much. And, just like the old Ma Bell of old, HTC believes I should pay an extra $1-5/month for numerous services which I used to get "free" when my phone service was from Time Warner or other cable providers.

It's time for an additional long distance provider to include calls to Canada. Can anybody recommend a VOIP provider or even a non-VOIP provider?

Thanks,
Chuck Norcutt