Re: [OM] Scotland kit 2015

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland kit 2015
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 12:06:29 -0800
miles from the car. Deployed the Deep Woods Off. You actually could hear the
midges laughing and sharpening their blades....
Bob, we have training camps here for the flies, skeeters and no-see-ums before they go off on gee-hadh (in case the NSA is listening) to Scotland. So I know of which I speak ;) DEET may keep them from biting...for a little while at least but it doesn't keep them away from your face, etc. They land, sample, don't like it and move on. That's why I prefer the netting. I have a full suit. Plus the DEET is just plain nasty. I've been reasonably happy with some of the less toxic repellents when used with the netting. And they don't take the paint off your car nor blind the children.

mike