Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App

Subject: Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:29:00 -0600
Continuing the Moose-Schnozz love-fest here...

>> That said, it does irk the snot out of me to be where 200 other
>> photographers are at.
> Wasn't it your choice? :-) And, as above, there's pretty much always
> something else to shoot that they aren't.

The app/google/signposts/lookouts are very good for "getting in the
neighborhood". Frankly, the same could be said about our National
Parks as a whole. So, we have "tunnel view" or whatever the spot is
that you stood at to get the famous Yosemite Valley picture. How is it
that you knew that there would be good pictures there? Not only is
there a turnout, but every guidebook, tourist and person around the
world knows where that spot is at. Including you.

So, why did you stop? Was it just an opportunity to stretch your legs?
Doubtful. You stopped because you knew that there were photographic
opportunities there. And that knowledge came second-hand. You did not
DISCOVER it. (Or maybe you did because you lived under a rock).

What you then did was exactly what I do. You captured the "money shot"
that Ansel Adams told us to get, and then turned around, moved off the
sidewalk and used your Mark I Eyeballs to see something different. Of
the BILLIONS of photographs taken at that location, It is probably
pretty safe to say that there are at least 200,000 others just like
yours. But these are yours.

AG