Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App

Subject: Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:49:43 -0600
On 11/25/14 18:29 : , Moose wrote:
On 11/23/2014 10:28 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
PESO:

I don't know if you landscape people have heard about this app. Even after
reading the essay, I'm not sure I approve.

https://captureintegration.com/stand-here-with-rodney-lough/

I expect more than a few people will end up disappointed.

OTOH, I have a shot and a pano of Bass Harbor Marsh on the Island that is spectacular. The location is not at all hard to find, right on a main road. I've been to the same spot many times, before and since, as has Bob (Sorry, Bob, but remember Birch Alley!), and it's never looked close to as good as that particular combination of light, clouds, tide, etc.

That's the main reason I can't see myself paying for his locations in any but unusual circumstances.

Also - that shot of the red rock formation in the cave in Slot Canyon? It's on Native American land. You have to pay for a permit to photograph there, and not many permits are approved to keep traffic down. Wonder if he mentions that...

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach