Re: [OM] (OT) Lumix DMC-FZ1000

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Lumix DMC-FZ1000
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:49:29 -0600
>    At nearly 2lbs I think it qualifies as a brick ;) I don't see any
>    advantage at all Including price over a µ4:3 kit or similar and lots of
>    disadvantages. For pocket-ability my wife's little LX5 is great though
>    a bit long in tooth. 'twere me I'd look for something current that is
>    similar.

Not saying that I am personally interested in buying it...

I am not concerned about the weight of the camera as it matches the
shape. It's a left-hand-cradle camera, so it balances in the hands
entirely differently than a standard grip camera. Still, you are
correct that it's a hard draw when you can get a regular m4/3 camera
in the same basic size.

AG