[OM] IBIS on the A7II and ? OMA9--works with OS in the lens too--implica

Subject: [OM] IBIS on the A7II and ? OMA9--works with OS in the lens too--implications for OMZ lenses
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:37:36 -0500
This is a first as far as I can tell. If the lens has IS it will take care of the pitch aand yaw while the body will stabilize the roll/x/y displacment. With Oly in MFT one can use the lens OSS or the IBIS but not both effectively--IBIS is better than almost every lens IS except
in a very few exceptions.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/sonyfeatures.png

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1466/1462/original.jpg

Ah hah--just as on Oly MFT, no? This is great for alts as can dial in the proper FL. Perhaps one may have to lie to it on the FL if higher mag
macro?

Also have read that the IBIS may NOT be Oly clone but a home brewed version. This new type of hybrid stablization using both suggests (to me at aleast) the A9 will have it and could be the cat's meow for OMZ lenses and other alts. I have no doubt the A7II will have the same sensor flare as the A7. If they fix some of the ergonomic issue on the OM A9 may need to have a mop ready for AG drool. (as well as mine). It could essentially be the FF digital OM with IBIS with a great EVF Oly should/could have made.

Mike