Re: [OM] Images sold!

Subject: Re: [OM] Images sold!
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:25:53 +1100
> On 24 Nov 2014, at 7:43 am, Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My ADSL2 access gives me about 8-10Mbps down and 1Mbps up ...

If it at all makes you feel better, my only workable connection gets 3.75Mps
down, and 0.24Mps up. Assuming there isn't too much weather occupying the air
between me and the relay point on Mount Jillamatong. Or that school hasn't just
come out in Jindabyne. Or that it's not ski season. Or that it's not Friday or
Saturday evening. Or that it isn't a prime number o'clock on an even day of the
week during a gibbous moon (or vice versa during Lent). Then we get between
zero and the above, in a trinary form (zero, LOAD-DAMN-YOU-almost-zero, and the
above).

We're told it might double next year. I can't wait to be downloading movies at
almost twice the speed of zero.

:) I'm not really complaining. I live, with intent, a (relatively) long way off
the road a longer way out of a small town a longer way out of a slightly bigger
town a longer way from the city. So it's pretty good, even amazing when viewed
with overall perspective (and I get a lovely overall perspective to the Alps
and down Moonbah valley). But reclusion's benefits bring with them e-reclusive
side-effects.

Cheers,
Marc
Ingebirah, Oz