Re: [OM] Images sold!

Subject: Re: [OM] Images sold!
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:51:08 -0500
Mine is not very fast.  We live on a farm at the very end of the local
monopoly's cable service.  My download speed is 11.98 and my upload is
1.29.  For Alamy, I usually set it to upload at night when the speeds are
best.  My ISP has complained that I am using too much bandwidth uploading
and they are going to start charging more for the service :-(  There is no
choice out here so we are stuck with Comporium.

Tina

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ChrisB:
>
> My ADSL2 access gives me about 8-10Mbps down and 1Mbps up
>
> My son's newish fibre connection in Southampton measures 37Mbps down but
> only 2Mbps up :-(
> (He signed up to this from his incumbent ISP, TalkTalk.  BT is marketing
> 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up but we know the difference between marketing and
> reality)
>
> On the other hand, a friend's fibre connection in Paris measures 480Mbps
> down and 180 Mbps up :-)
> His plan:
> http://abonnez-vous.orange.fr/residentiel/offres/livebox-jet-fibre.aspx
> will be €43/month after intro offers.
>
> jez
>

> On 23 November 2014 at 19:42, ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > That’s encouraging nonetheless, Tina.  One of my challenges is the
> > slowness of the upload.  Next year we might get up to 20mb/s (download
> > speed, so perhaps 5 upload), but at the moment, my max download is
> 7.5mb/s
> > down, 1 up.
> >
> > I live in the country, about 15 miles from Cambridge, where the fibre
> > connection allows download speeds of 50mb/s.
> >
> > Sigh . . .
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > > On 23 Nov 2014, at 19:33, Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > It's been many years since I haven't gotten a monthly check from Alamy.
> > > The limit for sending a check used to be $125. It is a full-time job,
> > > though, working all day at the computer.  Since I finished editing my
> > > Vietnam photos a couple of weeks ago, I have keyworded and uploaded
> 170,
> > > 130 more are pending and I have 2000 more to keyword..  I hope they
> sell
> > as
> > > well as China but I doubt it!
> > >
> > > Stock photography is not what it used to be when I started in 1980!
> >
> > --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com
tina-manley.artistwebsites.com