Re: [OM] IMG: Leica Photographers (comments on depth of field)

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Leica Photographers (comments on depth of field)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 11:37:22 -0500
They either prefer it, or don't know any better or have no choice because of sensor size/lens considerations. The same was true of film P&S cameras because of cheap, small aperture lenses and/or small film frames like 126 or 1/2 frame 35mm. There is room for all. I normally use my E-M5 these days because I shoot more landscape than anything else and the increased ease of getting great depth of field is appreciated. But I still have the Canon 5D around and some f/2.8 AF lenses as well as adapters for OM lenses if I need even larger apertures.

Earlier this year I did a lot of people photos and used the Canon all day long. A couple of weeks ago I did some simple architectural photos of my new (but unfinished) house. I used the Canon because I have a 20-40mm Tamron which goes wider than my 12-50 m.Zuiko. But apart from those 2 sessions the Canon has set quietly in its bag, unused.

Chuck Norcutt