Re: [OM] [OT] Moving computer software

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Moving computer software
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 20:22:18 -0800
On 11/8/2014 7:25 AM, Brian Gray wrote:

I certainly agree in principle with this but my experience seems to be that if y
ou are moving things to Windows 7 or Windows 8 systems this way from computers u
sing earlier versions of Windows, it is not always totally straightforward setti
ng up the network and 'authorising' cross viewing, and/or transfer of files.  Th
is seems to be especially true if one or more of the computers has several autho
rised users with passwords.

Our home computers have only one user and no passwords - which may explain why
I thought it was easy. :-)

As a result, Microsofts 'improvements' to security have not always been
welcomed in my house!

Both annoying, and useful.

The Price of Liberty Moose