Re: [OM] free license DxO Optics Pro 8

Subject: Re: [OM] free license DxO Optics Pro 8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:50:19 -0700
On 10/29/2014 10:34 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
I see there's no integration with Lightroom in v8. And I can't even 'Open
in External Editor' - what are people using to connect the two?
LR button at the bottom...if there is a way to add more programs I haven't found it (nor have I looked very hard).

In the same drop down menu (down arrow/wedge on the right of blue button) there is an "Export to application" choice. In the window it opens, the Browse button allows choice of any program. Each one you choose adds to the drop down menu choices thereafter.

So you can have a whole range of editors to choose from. Mine had PS CC already as the only choice, probably from the install of DxO, but I now have CC 2014, too.

It's not like ACR, which passes the converted image to PS directly within memory. It's writing a TIFF (Well, you can choose 8 bit JPEG, but why?), then starting the chosen app to open the TIFF. The LR button is really only another instance of the same process given an LR label and defaulting to LR only.

Instructive Moose