Re: [OM] IMG: Birches?

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Birches?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:56:58 -0400
Yes, I agree as well. Could be one of several species in the northeast and up into Canada. These are "paper birch". Note the thin peeling "paper" bark. The photo allows considerable enlargement. The leaves in your photo are all yellow which is consistent with my view of fall leaf color for birches.

<http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Quehanna_Birches.jpg>

Chuck Norcutt