Re: [OM] IMG: From the Archives

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Archives
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 02:15:44 +1300
Jim wrote

> On a rainy day, I turned to my archives.  This image was made in color
> during a vacation trip in 1971, while my 10-yr old son was manning a
> gunnery station on the battleship USS North Carolina. Gear is
unrecorded.

> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gunnery+Station+in+BW-1.jpg.html

That is a great shot.
Any son of that era would have loved to be there.
I was quite amazed at the amount of complicated metal structures and
marvelled at the amount of maintenance there must have been to protect
against the salt-water corrosion. Bristling with guns.
I've never seen, let alone been on, such a vessel.

Brian

---
is active.