Re: [OM] Last minute request

Subject: Re: [OM] Last minute request
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 16:01:48 -0400
Having shot many events I can personally attest that shooting it and being there are radically different things. Doing good flash work is difficult since you often can't control the circumstances. About the best you can do is set up a separate radio controlled light or two reflecting off ceiling or walls to act as fill or background light. Often you can't do even that and have to be satisfied with a single bounced light or perhaps two but both still attached to the camera.

But if you're forced to use only a single light you can usually do better than the point & shoot crowd by upping the ISO and dragging the shutter to light the background.

Chuck Norcutt