Re: [OM] IMG: Our "Room"

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Our "Room"
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 20:46:40 +1300
Jez wrote
Brian - you have said that you write your emails in Notepad and then
copy/paste them to send.  I suspect there are ascii control characters
(like line-feeds, tabs or carriage-returns) getting pasted too.  I don't
think there could be anything in Thomas's mailer.
Jez
Up until just now I have been using the web-mail facility offered by my ISP,
and I'm pretty
certain that it uses Shock-wave Flash and/or Active X. Shockwave flash gives
quite a lot of
distortions to what it transmits, and I suspect that what this fairly
new-fangled stuff does is not
programmed into Thomas's program. I'd actually forgotten to use Notepad as an
intermediary, partly because the postings to this group are the ONLY instance
of formatting
problems coming from what I write, that I'm aware of. Except that Shockwave
Flash is quite
often slow to show the letters I type actually on the page.

As of lost night I will not be using web-mail for Olympus Group postings; after
about an hour
of experimenting with variations of settings to conform with the SSL
requirements of my ISP I
have FINALLY been able to send mail using Pegasus mail program. I have been
able to
RECEIVE mail in Pegasus since the change to SSL was first required.
Hopefully this is the end to this nonsense !!
Brian

---
is active.