Re: [OM] IMGS: Smoking

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Smoking
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:21:43 -0400
Thanks, Moose.  The color balance is one thing I was experimenting with.  I
kind of liked the warmer one, but I usually like warmer for people.  I'll
try it with the third color balance.  The one with the guy blowing smoke
has the smoking device sitting in the bucket at his feet.

Thanks,

Tina

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/26/2014 10:44 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> PESO:
>>
>> The Hmong men smoked using a big wooden tube.  I have no idea what it's
>> called.  Here are 3 photos slightly different and processed differently:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/157578412
>>

> No. one, with WB like no. 3.
>
> One has slightly better composition than two, to my eye, but the smoker's
> expression makes one the winner either way. Three doesn't show the pipe in
> use, just some guy blowing smoke that could come from a ciggie.
>
> WB is too warm in one, too cool in two and about right in three. Clicking
> for WB on the white enamel appliance on one took out the excessive red,
> while leaving a nice, warm overall look.
>
> Goldilocks Moose
>
> --
> --

Tina Manley