Re: [OM] Space Station Meets Sunspot

Subject: Re: [OM] Space Station Meets Sunspot
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:15:10 -0500
> 93 minutes sounds much better.  I should have realized 12 minutes was way
> too fast.  If the one second transit time is correct it has to be moving
> across a short chord.  Running across the full diameter would be
> extraordinarily good luck.  Anyhow, still very hard to follow as attested by
> Charlie's link.

Easiest thing to do is just point the camera at the sun or moon
(whichever is being transitted) and guide on that. Just fire off the
shutter with fast sequence turned on at the right time, captureing
several seconds starting before the transit starts and several seconds
after. That will cover a slight time variance for your clock.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx