[OM] Prints on display in a local shop

Subject: [OM] Prints on display in a local shop
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 02:16:40 +1200

Hi all,

In our local next-biggest settlement, Alexandra, 7 km
distant, where we do most of our household shopping, is a 2nd-hand books
shop run by a Canadian. Tim.

The shop itself is a real treasure, and
Tim is a very friendly guy who is making a living here.

Some months
ago he and i came to an agreement on having some of my prints on display
- for sale of course - on the wall behind his desk at the back of the
shop. Of course he will get a cut on any sales (none yet) I think 30%. I
don't really care too much what the level is so long as we both benefit.

Both Maggie and I buy and sell books there - Maggie especially as she
reads a mountain of fiction ...

I am preparing prints for a display
next week prior to the Spring Blossom Festival, which is a big deal for
Alexandra. This display will be in the front window of Wanderlust Books.

I've been somewhat tardy; 2 - 3 weeks ago we were struck down by some
kind of nasty virus which behaved like influenza. I'm still not over it,
and frequently have a sleep of about an hour (or more) in the
afternoon.. I compensate for this with the 2 - 3 hours in the middle of
the night when I spend writing stuff like this ... :-)

Trivial news -
our little dog Rosie had a huge shearing / clipping yesterday which took
a great shaggy coat off. We have had about 3 weeks of glorious warm
Spring weather with frosts at night. Of course, now that she is nearly
naked the weather has turned cold again. About par for the course. That
little dog gives us a great deal of joy. And vice-versa.

Brian