Re: [OM] Sample senior portrait - DD#1

Subject: Re: [OM] Sample senior portrait - DD#1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:43:25 -0400
That's what I love about the E-M5. I can use a manual lens at shooting aperture and still see correct exposure and focus.

Chuck Norcutt

On 9/2/2014 11:29 AM, C.H.Ling wrote:
Manual focus on small viewfinder is difficult especially with bright
screens, it is hard to confirm if subject is in focus. I always have the
type "S" screen on the 5D II as it is easier to focus although much
darker with slow lenses.

It is a nightmare if the focusing screen is off, I had messed up with the
focusing screen mount at the beginning of using 5D II after playing with
some third party screens. I had to release-remount the screen a few
times to
get it in right position but it went off after some uses. Fortunately
the symptom disappeared in these two years.

The ultimate solution is FF with high resolution live-view viewfinder, LCD
screen won't work.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

DD#2 is a far better portrait photographer than me. We're just still
getting her up to speed on using a real camera. And manual focusing
was rough for both of us. I blew focus with the 100/2 as the DoF is so
narrow and the focus screen is not exactly positioned right. (It's
worse in the DMC-L1 than in the E-1, but that was off too). Because of
the bright sunlight and handheld camera usage, I didn't use live-view
to check focus except for a couple of times.

The 35-80 earned its keep again. If you nail focus, the lens just
whomps everything else with extreme sharpness and perfect bokeh.

But I'm starting to get the itch for a FF camera with awesome
live-view...