Re: [OM] Sample senior portrait - DD#1

Subject: Re: [OM] Sample senior portrait - DD#1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 09:04:45 -0500
> Those look good, Ken.  Well done, but were the girls happy with them?

We shot almost 600 pictures yesterday. First pass took that down to
384. Of that, DD#2 shot about half of them. Over the next week or two,
we'll finish off with some cityscapes and the studio shots. She's got
an awesome dress that looked great, but with the wind and the farm, it
just didn't match. She ain't "country".

I'd say that of the stuff we shot already, we've got 15-20 shots
worthy of the "book".

DD#2 is a far better portrait photographer than me. We're just still
getting her up to speed on using a real camera. And manual focusing
was rough for both of us. I blew focus with the 100/2 as the DoF is so
narrow and the focus screen is not exactly positioned right. (It's
worse in the DMC-L1 than in the E-1, but that was off too). Because of
the bright sunlight and handheld camera usage, I didn't use live-view
to check focus except for a couple of times.

The 35-80 earned its keep again. If you nail focus, the lens just
whomps everything else with extreme sharpness and perfect bokeh.

But I'm starting to get the itch for a FF camera with awesome live-view...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx