Re: [OM] OT: 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: 24/192 Music Downloads are Very Silly Indeed
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:23:25 -0400
Yes, I think there are anatomical limits to the eye that are relevant in digital photography. I most measures the eye is much superior to digital sensors but the eye has very definite frequency response limits at the infrared and ultra-violet ends of the spectrum. These limits are not a problem for digital sensors. I think the anatomical issues are exactly the same... the frequency response of the ear to sound and of the eye to light.

The link I posted earlier <http://clarkvision.com/articles/eye-resolution.html> in response to the question about the megapixel equivalent of the human eye apparently has a follow-on article on the spectral response of the eye. But the site is not responding now so I was unable to search for it.

Chuck Norcutt