Re: [OM] Bokeh and Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh and Lenses
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:38:47 +0800
Don't trust every word he worte, the best way is to develope a good eye
yourself, there is immediate feedback with digital camera. I really doubt
about the accuracy of his rating, he should post rating with aperture used
at least.

BTW, besides the lens problem Chuck mentioned. The clarity slider on LR also has negative effect on bokeh, your image seems suffered from that too.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tina Manley" <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>

PESO:

Mike Johnston (The Online Photographer) has written quite a bit about
bokeh.  He has a pdf in which he rates many lenses for their bokeh.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/files/bokehrankings5.pdf

He also comments that bokeh gets more problematic:

the larger the aperture
the closer the focus
the more distant the background
the more contrasty the background

No wonder I had problems.  My 3 photos included all of the problematic
possibilities!

Guess I'll try again.   The Summicron does get a 10 in the lens ratings.

Tina