Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:15:38 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>> Lots of rain. That's the report from my daughter and son-in-law who
>>> are now enroute from Prescott (where she is in grad school) to
>>> Santa Fe for an internship interview. They hope to spend the next
>>> year in Santa Fe while she completes her degree. He is an
>>> accomplished pianist and has been doing house concerts along the
>>> way to help with expenses. So far Seattle, Portland and
>>> Sacramento.
>>>

>> They may see some flooding along I-10 between Flagstaff and Gallup.
>>

>Sounds like you got the forecast exactly right.

     The next batch of rain is going to arrive sooner than expected.  The
low-pressure system that formed part of the "egg-beater" of yesterday is now
dipping further south, and by tomorrow it will be drawing in abundant moisture
from the northern edge of TS Lowell.  POP is now up to 30% for tomorrow and it
will probably increase.

     If that wasn't enough, TS Karina, which had stalled out further to the WSW
and was dying, moved into warmer water and strengthened.  Now it's heading to
the northeast and will merge with TS Lowell in a couple of days, increasing
that airmass of moisture.

     But wait!  There's more!  A large area of disorganised storm activity to
the southeast of TS Lowell will soon form into TS Marie, which will then move
to the northwest.  GFS is already showing it as affecting us here by the end of
next week.

     All of this moisture will eventually find it's way to the Great Plains,
Midwest, etc.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson