Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:58:19 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Sounds like you got the forecast exactly right.

     Most of the time.  Comes from years of observation.  I post early weather
warnings on a southern Arizona hiking list, mostly from fall to spring.

     Some areas in the Agua Fria, Squaw Creek, and New River watersheds got
over 4" of rain.  The first two join just upstream from Black Canyon City
together with Black Canyon Creek, and the last one joins them right at New
River.  That's steep desert terrain with little vegetation, and there was
already a lot of damage before noon.

     The local TV stations have resumed their regular broadcasts, and the news
comes on in a little over an hour from now.  Won't know anything more until
then.

     Right now we're getting a break with clear sky overhead.  Next serious
chance for rain will be Friday, according to the current NAM forecast.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson