[OM] Bokeh

Subject: [OM] Bokeh
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:40:58 -0400 (EDT)
I like your shots and the bokeh is good. Might be very easy to get concept across with a simple smooth example. The Tokina variant of this lens is known as the "Bokina" though this is the Vivitar S1 version with the same optics.

http://tinyurl.com/o6ho3ze

Almost No Monarchs again this year, Mike

PESO:

I took 3 photos this morning to try to illustrate what bokeh is, in answer
to a question from a beginning photographer.  I used the 35/2.0 (king of
bokeh) Summicron.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/157064814

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/157064816

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/157064826

Hit Original to view them larger.

What do you think? Do these illustrate bokeh? What else would you suggest
to help her understand bokeh?

TIA

Tina