Re: [OM] Perfect method

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect method
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:35:08 -0500
Oh those nasty qualifiers...

>From an IQ perspective I certainly agree with you about the lack of any
meaningful improvement between the EM5 and EM1. However, the same could be
said of the entire 35mm film world.  An OM1 was just as good as an OM4Ti.

But I do know myself and how the two digital cameras felt to me. The EM1
runs circles around the EM5 and I haven't seen many people disagree.

The big qualifier for me is maturity of design. The EM5 has a few teething
issues which were greatly remedied in the EM1.

Granted, you may think that none of it applies to me since my camera dates
back to the Bush administration, but you know that I prefer used cameras
and cars, therefore I have a great interest in developing my watch list.
There really hasn't been much of interest to cause me to replace the L1 or
X5.