Re: [OM] Wanted (maybe), Nikon F-mount teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] Wanted (maybe), Nikon F-mount teleconverter
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:17:55 -0700
Thank, guys, mystery solved. I didn't give the correct terminology. My Soligor 300/5.5 mount is actually a T4. It has automatic diaphragm support. The T4 adapter drops into the back of the lens when the diaphragm pins are aligned properly. It then locks in place with a ratchet mechanism tightened by a ring with a nub labeled O/C.

The links to mounts you folks posted are T2, but that doesn't do me any good. The T2 mount was a screw-in 42mm, mostly used with preset lenses in the late 60s-early 70s. I had such a preset lens back then (a 135/3.5 Vivitar), but not now.

When I first got the lens, I was unable to find a T4 to OM adapter for it. I was told that they don't exist, only the later TX mount supports OM. So I ended up getting a T4 to Nikon mount, and a Nikon to 4/3 adapter. I took the cell tower test shot I posted yesterday with that setup on my E-30, and have also fooled with the lens on my E-M5 by adding my Panny 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter. So the Tokina 2x teleconverter will fit into that setup.

So many adapters!

--Peter