Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 15:14:40 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks, Chuck.  First I have to get the specimens!

----- Original Message -----From: Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 02:52:35 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows

f/11 is a good choice for 35mm work unless you have a very high resolution
sensor like Bob's Nikon. Then diffraction will definitely begin to interfere.
f/11 is good for at least 12-13 MP like the Canon 5D and f/16 probably good for
most 35mm films (except for light loss). f/5.6 is probably the theoretical
limit for these 16 MP 4/3 sensors but, in the case of very limited depth of
field, you need to experiment to know if diffraction or limited depth of field
is the real limitation on image sharpness.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/9/2014 7:26 PM, Don Holbrook wrote:> Force of habit. f11 was my standard
for all bellows work. Will have to experiment.>> ----- Original Message
-----From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera
Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 16:39:27 -0000
(UTC)Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows>> And that 2mm DoF was at f/11..
already creeping into diffraction territory for 4/3.>> Chuck Norcutt>> On