Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 6/8/2014: my children

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 6/8/2014: my children
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 13:42:29 -0400
No, that was hardly meant to indicate the maximum depth of snow in the Buffalo area. Only the ratio between southern and northeastern suburbs in a single snowfall. Buffalo didn't get it's snow reputation by having only 2 feet of snow. :-)

The reason for the south/north discrepancy is that much of the snow is "lake effect". But although it doesn't have the reputation of Buffalo, Syracuse usually get more snow than Buffalo. It's won more "Golden Snowball" awards than has Buffalo <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Snowball_Award>. There, now you have some historical season total snowfall numbers to compare against. :-)

Chuck Norcutt