Re: [OM] (OM) Divertimento

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Divertimento
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 19:53:53 -0400
Sorry, for the non-American readers I forgot to add a link to Eggs Benedict: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggs_benedict>

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/31/2014 7:52 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I just translated all that to "too stubborn".  If you look at the
histogram for that image you can't help but come to the conclusion that
the image is 1 stop overexposed.  Whether the final image should look
like Moose interpreted it (who has never seen it) is a different
story... it's still one stop overexposed.

You said "C & C welcome".  But it's clear you didn't like what you got.
  If your intention is to sell prints you only need worry about detailed
processing of a small number.  What you're determined are the best of
the best.  You've already realized that you can't sell what the
customer's don't like... even if that's only the chosen aspect ratio.
Pay attention to how others view the photo even if it's nowhere near
your own personal vision.

That last line reminded me of a television show which featured a
restaurant critic and restaurant business consultant.  One of the shows
featured a restaurant which had previously only been open for lunch and
dinner.  The owner decided to add breakfast to his offerings.  But it
did not go well, breakfast business was relatively poor.  The owner
hired the consultant to find out how he could improve his business.  The
first criticism the consultant made was that the breakfast menu did not
include "Eggs Benedict".  He said that in the US "Eggs Benedict" is the
single most important and highest selling item on the breakfast menu. He
asked: "Why don't you offer Eggs Benedict?"  The owner replied: "I don't
like them."

Chuck Norcutt