Re: [OM] IMGS: Today's Harvest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Today's Harvest
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:18:20 -0400
Thanks much. I didn't recognize the eggplant as it's much smaller than I normally see.

Chuck Norcutt

On 7/27/2014 5:56 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
Only the three kinds of peppers that you recognized.  The darkest ones are
eggplants!  I use James Beard's recipe for gazpacho from his Cuisinart
cookbook.  You chop up onions, cucumbers, peppers, and 5 tomatoes in fairly
even pieces.  Then you blend one tomato with a cup of tomato juice, half a
cup of olive oil, 6 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper.  Put it all together
and chill.  If you want, serve with larger pieces of cucumbers, tomatoes
and peppers to mix in.  It's wonderful.  We eat it several times a week
during the summer.  I don't put bread in mine, but I make homemade French
bread to serve with it.

Tina

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Chuck Norcutt <