[OM] Nathan's PAD 14-15-17 July: three scenes from cycling in Denmark

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 14-15-17 July: three scenes from cycling in Denmark
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 07:16:35 +0200
I am still on my bicycle tour of Denmark, although back at home base in Aarhus
now. Today will be the last day of riding, before I fly home tomorrow. While
the primary purpose of the tour is to cycle rather than to take pictures, my
little Panasonic GF2 is along for the ride. I am still way behind in
processing, but here are three images taken during the past week that I
particularly like.

Monday 14 July.
This was the first day of our tour, going from Aarhus to Odense, H.C.
Andersen's birthplace. It was the one day with bad weather on this tour. About
20 km before Odense (out of a total ride of 144 km), the sky ahead looked like
this (and yes, we needed to go that way and we did get drenched):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3398589118&k=NRDFrzh&lb=1&s=O

Tuesday, 15 July.
We cycled from Odense down to Svendborg on the south coast of Fyn (Funen), and
there had lunch with a friend of Lars, Jørn Svendsen. Jørn is Denmark's premier
bronze caster, and many well-known sculptors from Northern Europe have him cast
their works. Here he is, showing us a statue that was about to be transported
to the Faroe Islands and placed on a rock by the sea there. It was a truly
fascinating visit with a fascinating man:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3398589545&k=RTFTv6v&lb=1&s=O

Thursday, 17 July.
I got up at 5:30 that morning, crawled out of the tent and went for a walk in
the town of Stege on the island of Møn, where we had camped that night. The
early morning light was beautiful. The bridge in the background, which we
crossed later that morning, connects Møn with Denmark's biggest island,
Zealand, where Copenhagen is located:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3398595244&k=8NrDjGw&lb=1&s=O

If anyone is interested in the bike tour as such, the journal is here (with
more pictures, too, although they are selected mainly to illustrate the cycling
rather than for artistic qualities):
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/dk_swe_2014

Cheers,
Nathan