Re: [OM] Light Shadows

Subject: Re: [OM] Light Shadows
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 22:35:31 -0700
On 7/12/2014 2:48 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
Really impressive, Moose. Very simple composition but very subtle
interpretation.

Thanks!!

And no LCE??

I wish I could say so, but I just checked, and there is a little in the mix. It does quite different things in this sort of image than a sharp one.

To the real point, of your TIC question ... I do a fair number of alternative images, hence this one's presence in an Alt Dot Moose gallery, which I've now duplicated on Zone-10.

I'm interested in images with different qualities from bright, sharp, clear. But there has generally been little response when I post them here, so I tend to let that slide. Also, it's not always easy to get the effect I'm looking for, so many attempts will not see the light of the web. ;-)

I guess I'm a little tough, in a sense. If it looks like conventional photography, I don't much like poor focus, edgy bokeh, processing halos, inappropriate (to my eye) DOF, and so on. But once an image is clearly of a different type like say Philippe's various 'chromes', and so on, I view it more broadly as art.

As in my response to Chris T today, I like some examples of both Pictorialist
work and Group f64 style work.

Playing Both Sides Moose