Re: [OM] Photography as terrorism?

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography as terrorism?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:07:18 -0400
This incident is 10 years old. I'm not sure how it might be treated today. But I do understand the concern. Boston is a huge Liquified Natural Gas port. There has long been concern that it's a very soft target for terrorists to attack LNG tankers in the harbor with really bad consequences.

My advice to Mr. Prigoff today would be to emphasize that he is engaged in lawful activity, that the guards have no authority to order him away from the public place he was at and to continue taking his photographs and give them his business card if he has one.

I hope the ACLU suit is successful but doubt that it will make much difference to the paranoid.

Chuck Norcutt