Re: [OM] Stand-Alone Photo Processing Software

Subject: Re: [OM] Stand-Alone Photo Processing Software
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 06:00:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>After several weeks of problems with Adobe PhotoShop Elements 12, with
>no solution in sight and no interest on the part of Adobe, I am
>examining other options.  The cloud is of no interest to me, nor is
>cataloging.  I am currently checking out Picture Window Pro 7.0. Any
>comments on this and other options that may be available?

     When I was going through B&W conversion options, I found that Exposure 6
was the best of all, but then I only looked at the B&W options that were
available.  It lacked the Wratten filter simulations I was interested in but
the B&W and IR film simulations were superb.  It also has all sorts of colour
print and slide film simulations.  I made up for the lack of Wratten filters
using FilterSim as a first step.

     Since then, I've found a full set of virtual Wratten filters for Photoshop
and I'm going to look at a similar set for B&W film simulations.

     I would love to find a copy of Exposure 4, which was a plugin for
Photoshop.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson