Re: [OM] The Adobe tax

Subject: Re: [OM] The Adobe tax
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 14:41:18 -0500
> All of that internal stuff means nothing to me.  If both make good images I
> don't care how they got there.  But I do care very much about where the
> buttons and dial are and how they fall to hand.

Absolutely! Hence one reason why the E-M5 didn't do anything for me.
The E-M1 is a completely different kettle of kibble and is really
nice. If I was satisfied with the dinky sensor, I'd be having dreams
about the E-M1.

But that brings up an interesting point. Cameras, these days, just
don't seem to check the "Dream Box" on the check list. They're all
pretty good, but just like when we started out with the digital
revolution, something is being left behind. It will take a couple more
years and Canikon diving in to have a sense of design maturity. Let's
face it, Sony, Olympus, Fuji and Panasonic are all over the boards
with camera designs and you really have no clue where the next model
design will take you.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx