Re: [OM] E-Mx and off-center tripod mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] E-Mx and off-center tripod mounts
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 15:38:32 +0100
After following the discussion regarding the the offset tripod mount issue I
ended up buying
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fluid-Panoramic-Panorama-Panning-Base-Head-Tripod-Clamp-Compatible-Arca-/221381012671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338b562cbf ;
   (not essential but useful to have)

The plate took 2wks to shop from China to the UK and the quality is first class
(far better than the US made grip / base / and sideplate that is permanently
attached to the camera.) There is a total lack of machining marks and the
rotating action between the plates is buttery smooth. The adapter plate that
comes with the assembly needs one of the slots lengthened by about 1.5mm if the
camera is to sit at the focal point but that is a simple fix. I will not be
using this plate on this camera...it is easier to attach the handgrip to the
head using the Arca clamp built in. But it is a good quality piece of kit.
Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK