[OM] Clint Rumbo's instructions to fix 65-200 zoom creep: was, OLympus l

Subject: [OM] Clint Rumbo's instructions to fix 65-200 zoom creep: was, OLympus lenses with unfixable fogged-up glass
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:07:22 -0400
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:53:22 -0500
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] A non-hazy 65-200, was hazy 65-200

OK, here's what you do:

Remove the rubber grip on the focusing ring. Remove the several screws that hold the distance ring to the front group. Unscrew the front group. Turn the zoom to about 120mm and look through the oblong holes in the body of the lens, just in front of the distance scale -- you should see a "-" screw made of brass that's likely blackened with age. Turn it clockwise to tighten. Reassemble and
reset focus.  Easy!