Re: [OM] OT - for sport car enthusiasts only

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - for sport car enthusiasts only
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:20:41 +1200

When I first sent this my mail program told me it had been rejected
as spam ..So here goes again as well as i can remember.
John Chuck and
Siddiq wrote about
Message: 38
From: Chuck Amazing. I used to have a '64
XKE. I couldn't afford to buy that thing back again let alone one of
these. :-)

Chuck Norcutt

:

> http://tinyurl.com/mjknswz

> jh

and Message: 39

Siddiq
Siddiqui-Ali wrote

If I had a million quid, I'd drop it on one the
Eagle E type retromod:

http://www.eaglegb.com

Siddiq

http://lists.thomasclausen.net/mailman/private/olympus/

> Themed
Olympus Photo Exhibition: http://www.tope.nl/

//////////////////////
Here I try again ... damned overseers

I've been in one of those, and
also in a fully restored Aston Martin that a work-mate owned.

My
preference is what my partner bought a year ago for about $8,000

Top speed of 150 mph (241k) ( 60mph or 100 k is the legal max here),
and its acceleration from 100 to 140k is phenomenal to my way of
thinking. That's as fast as I've had it, and if caught I'd lose my
drovers licence. Great road-holding, the only thing to be beware of is
aquaplaning - see those low-profile tyres. I've finally got used to its
super-responsive controls.

Fuel economy - I tested it brim to brim,
and it was 32 MPG ( imperial gallons) The E-type would not better 30.
And it's comfortable and quiet.

Quietly beeming Brian. Let's see if
this will get past the censors ...

I've had to change my olympus
e-mail address again - so that I can use another mail system. It was
Outlook Express that did the dirty on me. Try as I might, I have been
unable to find where OE holds its queued mail so I can delete it. Having
my 4 <spam> messages queued ahead means that I am unable to send any
more mail using OE.

Brian