Re: [OM] OT - for sport car enthusiasts only

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - for sport car enthusiasts only
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 13:37:59 -0700
On 6/26/2014 1:19 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Mine was my daily commute car for about 4 years.  It never failed to start up
and get me to work on time.

And you sold it????? It may have been the only reliable Jag from that era. (My '71 911 was like that, but not so atypical of Porsches.)

Years ago, a woman where I worked got an XJ6, figuring her commute should be comfortable. Her husband was an ex-racer who had a racing team, complete with mechanics. (They knew Paul Newman fairly well from his 'real' love occupation.)

Even with mechanics, she couldn't rely on it to get her to work and home
regularly, and eventually sold it.

Red Convertible, Tan Upholstery, Please Moose