Re: [OM] E-Mx and off-center tripod mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] E-Mx and off-center tripod mounts
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 07:33:06 -0400
Thanks much, Dan. I'll have to study this as well as Moose's recommendation to simply use an Arca type slide. I've never owned an Arca type mount.

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/21/2014 1:19 PM, Daniel Sepke wrote:
Chuck,

Another option would be the following combo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fluid-Panoramic-Panorama-Panning-Base-Head-Tripod-Clamp-Compatible-Arca-/221381012671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338b562cbf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nodal-Slide-Dual-Dovetail-Macro-Rail-Clamp-Arca-Compat-Desmond-120mm-DNR-120-/221300865153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33868f3881

If you double up on these you can get horizontal and vertical panos lined up.

You'd want to get a plate for your camera in this event. I'd go with the RRS
version but these would also do it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Release-Vertical-L-Bracket-Plate-Hand-Grip-Holder-F-OLYMPUS-OM-D-E-M5-EM5-/141288092334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e56d32ae

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acratech-Quick-Release-Plate-for-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5-Cameras-1801-/201112555427?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed33e0fa3

The panning base is copy of the RRS model that sells from them for $180 for the
base alone. If you already had any RRS parts I'd recommend springing for their
panning base as the above base won't clamp into the RRS lever clamps. Since I
don't believe you do this isn't something you'd worry about.

Dan