Re: [OM] E-Mx and off-center tripod mounts

Subject: Re: [OM] E-Mx and off-center tripod mounts
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:10:49 -0500
On 6/21/14 09:20 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
My Canon mount Tamron 20-40 is still amongst the missing. When shooting the sale photos for my house I really missed it since my E-M5 doesn't go wider than 12(24)mm. But I'm very reluctant to spend $699 for the mZuiko 9-18mm lens. I rarely use such a wide angle. If I'm shooting landscape and need a wider angle I shoot panos at 12mm. That's easy with distant subjects but tough for shooting inside a room. An inexpensive solution is a pano head such as the Panosaurus <http://gregwired.com/pano/Pano.htm>. However the Panosuarus description makes clear <http://gregwired.com/pano/Pano.htm> that it does not support off-center tripod mounts on the camera.

So what solutions are available to solve the off-center mount of my E-M5 or (possible) E-M1?

Chuck Norcutt
If you have the official battery grip, it puts a tripod socket on-center. However, I'm going to have a machinist friend of mine mill an adapter for my E-M5 when I want to use it on the Panosaurus without a grip. I discovered the issue after I already bought the Pano.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach