Re: [OM] Moose is off

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose is off
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:26:40 -0700

I have great curiosity as to what ever happened to the worms,
as missed a bunch of posts while overseas and might have missed the definitive post. IIRC using the wrong converter results in worms and consuming the worm excrement can result in the ability to fold space and become a navigator, though I may be confusing things. AG also mentioned that the converter in ACR might not be optimal for Panny files.

I see you are back, as are we.

Any reports on the new horse Cam? I'm still enjoying my GM1, but it travels by
Turtle, not horse. :-)

The worm business is not entirely straightforward.

The worms I was getting on E-M5 files via ACR were a result of default ACR sharpening. Why that would happen with the Oly files and not the GX7/GM1 files, I have no idea. The default sharpening of Panny files just, well, slightly sharpens them, sans worms.

Now I've discovered that, although I can change the ACR default setting to turn sharpening off, it only lasts for a short while, before it reverts.

AG has reported worms, of a different species, I think, from NR, in some converter or other, on files from older cameras. I don't think his comments about converting Panny files apply to any Panny cameras from this century. ;-)

Although I found some advantages in NR to Viewer 3 for Oly over ACR and NI, a brief play with SilkyPix didn't show me any immediate advantages over ACR for GX7/GM1 files.

Worm Me Moose