[OM] FS: All of my Leica gear

Subject: [OM] FS: All of my Leica gear
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 14:26:36 -0400
I need to sell all of my Leica bodies and M-mount lenses. As many of you
know, I began teaching high school English in 2012. At the beginning of the
2013-2014 school year, I suffered a stroke. Fortunately, I was not left
paralyzed or dead, but I have not been well since then. I'm tired all of the
time, and have some trouble walking.

Because I have not felt well enough to work every day, and was missing way
too much school, I had to step down from my fulltime teaching position. The
school district has let me continue as a substitute teacher, so that I can
work when I feel well and can take off when I don't without affecting my
students' education. As a sub, I am paid well, but only for the days I work,
and I have missed about half the school days this year. Because of that, I
was not able to save any money to live this summer, and what I have is about
to run out.

I feel bad about having to sell this stuff, as it is something I have wanted
since I was a kid and was finally able to buy a few years ago.
Realistically, I don't need it. I have not shot a single frame of 35mm film
since the beginning of 2013, when I got the Mamiya 6. That's another camera
I have wanted since I was young, and I LOVE it. I've loved the square format
forever, and since it was small enough to be my everyday carry camera, the
35mm stuff got shelved. I have too much money tied up in the Leicas if I am
not using them.

Here's what I have:

Bodies: Two M6 Classic (non-TTL) bodies, both the standard black chrome
finish:

One is a Wetzlar M6 with .72 finder. It has the original boxes (plastic
clamshell presentation box and the cardboard outer box), original Leica
strap in its original packaging. It works flawlessly, focus is spot on
perfect, shutter is accurate, meter is accurate. Its used and shows signs
of wear, but is not beaten up. Red dot says Leitz, not Leica. $1100

The other is a Solms M6 with .85 finder. Awesome for 50mm and longer
lenses, and has frames for 35, 50, 75, 90, and 135mm. When I bought this,
it was in mint condition. Its not anymore since I've used it, but it was
well cared for and looks beautiful. It also includes the plastic
presentation box and outer box, unused strap in original packaging, and
even includes the original un-opened battery it came with (probably no
good anymore, but its there!). Shutter and meter are accurate, and RF is
perfect. I had Don Goldberg calibrate the RF 4 years ago, but I'm not sure
if I can find the receipt. The plastic baseplate protector is still on the
camera. $1500.

Lenses:

50mm Leica Summicron version IV (tabbed). Focus is perfect on both of the M6
bodies I have. Don Goldberg adjusted it for me after I bought it about 5
years ago. The glass is clean, no scratches, haze, or fungus. Some dust
inside. The lens barrel has some scratches and pitting; this has been used a
lot. I bought it used. It is not beat up badly, but is not a collectible
either. Comes with a beaten-up looking, but perfectly functioning Leica
metal 12585H hood that has a dent. Lens +hood $949. I'll include a front and
rear cap, but they're not original.

Zeiss ZM 28mm f2.8 Biogon. The glass is clean, no scratches, haze, or
fungus. Some dust inside. Barrel looks beautiful, but because it has been
used a few years, it is not in mint condition; has some minor marks and
wear. Includes original box, original Zeiss front and rear caps, and
original Zeiss hood with its box. $849

Zeiss ZM 35mm f2.8 C-Biogon. The glass is clean, no scratches, haze, or
fungus. Some dust inside. Barrel looks beautiful, but because it has been
used a few years, it is not in mint condition; has some minor marks and
wear. Includes original box, original Zeiss front and rear caps, and
original Zeiss hood with its box. $695

I have photos of the cameras, and am going to make some of the lenses this
weekend if anyone wants to see them.

Thanks,

Chris