Re: [OM] Converting to BW example

Subject: Re: [OM] Converting to BW example
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:36:10 -0500
>      Yes, such as a #22 or #21.

The one nuance that everybody seems to overlook is the blue
sensitivity of B&W films. That slight change of white-balance makes a
HUGE difference. You don't have to go very far. Just dial the WB
slightly towards to blue and watch what happens to the sky.

However, do note that Lightroom works interactively, so one change in
one spot is dynamically addressed in another spot. With a standard
editor, you'll adjust the WB as your very first step and then work the
color filters next and then the contrast last. However, if you are
really anal about things, you'll not just use WB adjustments, but will
dive in and actually adjust the gamma/curves of each of the three
color channels. I wouldn't bother unless I'm being super super bored.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx